- Flexible operation with different energy banks
- Primary cell battery
- Secondary cell battery
- Capacitors (gold-cap, super-cap)
- Ultra-low power DCDC boost converter with very high efficiency
- Operating mode minimum voltage VDD_HRV = 100 mV (typical)
- Operating mode minimum power: PIN = 1µW (typical)
- Quiescent current: IQ = 125 nA
- Cold-start minimum voltage: VIN = 300 mV
- Cold-start minimum power: PIN = 3 µW (typical)
- Fast start-up on any energy storage
- Dual energy storage elements
- Power management control
- Multiple independent supply outputs
- Sleep mode and wake-up functions
- User programmable under-voltage and over-voltage levels
- Limited external components
- Device configurations are stored in on-chip E2PROM
- Dynamic configuration through a SPI or I2C interface
- Extended power management status
- Battery on protection mode
- LTS/STS connection status
- Minimum/Maximum voltage warning
- USB connected
EM Microelectronic provides two development tools to easily implement intelligent powered application.
The EMDVK8500 allows to control all the power management aspects around the EM8500 helping in setting up the application.
The EMEVB8500 is a simpler but versatile board design for a quick and simple application set-up. Whereas it doesn’t offer the complete measurement set of the EMDVK8500 it shares with it an easy usage for a fast application prototyping.
The configuration of the EM8500 can be performed through its wizard.