- Flexible operation with different energy banks
- Secondary cell battery
- Capacitors (gold-cap, super-cap)
- Fast start-up on any energy storage
- Dual energy storage elements
- Start-up on solar cell or on battery
- Power management control
- Multiple independent supply outputs
- Sleep mode and wake-up functions
- User programmable under-voltage and over-voltage levels
- Configurable application voltage
- Battery voltage
- Limited external components
- Device configurations are stored in on-chip E2PROM
- Dynamic configuration through a SPI or I2C interface
- Extended power management status
- Battery on protection mode
- LTS/STS connection status
- Minimum/Maximum voltage warning
- USB connected
EM Microelectronic provides two development tools to easily implement intelligent powered application.
- The EMDVK8502 allows to control all the power management aspects around the EM8502 helping in setting up the application.
- The EMEVB8502 is a simpler but versatile board design for a quick and simple application set-up. Whereas it doesn’t offer the complete measurement set of the EMDVK8502 it shares with it an easy usage for a fast application prototyping.
The configuration of the EM8502 can be performed through its wizard.