As Business Unit Technical Leader, you will be working hand-in-hand with the Business Unit Manager to lead the Wireless and Sensing Business Unit. Based in Marin, Switzerland, you will be are in charge of all product development activities for a team that develops the company’s ultra low power wireless SoCs. Our market-leading ICs make consumers’ daily lives easier to navigate in connected smart products, healthcare, automotive and other applications.
As the business unit’s technical interface to EM’s top management and responsible for overall project execution, design quality, and time-to-market, your responsibilities in leading a team of highly-skilled team of IC, Hardware (HW), Software (SW) and Test engineers, are:
- Main technical reference person for the BU’s wireless IC and ASIC projects
- Mentor the project managers and teams throughout all phases of IC development, for ensuring timeliness of deliveries and application of industrial quality flow / best practices
- Oversee that projects are constructed and validated on sound technical basis and with proper risk management practices, in order to achieve “first-time right” IC designs
- Oversee quality of embedded firmware, bench/production testers, and customer support/tools
- Assess, at technical level, sub-contractors and IP providers, ensuring that they contribute with high level of technical quality and efficiency
- Interact with the FAE/Sales teams for defining and providing the required support material and documentation to introduce and accompany products on the market
- Own the technology roadmap for the BU and constantly assess/benchmark vs competition, interact with R&D institutes and universities for enriching the BU’s product portfolio
- Represent, with BU Leader, the BU’s technologies and products to customers and at events
- At least a Master degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 10 years of industrial experience, ranging over IC design, project management and technical team leadership in the field of CMOS wireless ICs and modules.
- A strong track record in bringing wireless semiconductor solutions from product definition to volume production.
The following skills are expected:
- Positive attitude for owning products and projects at technical level, and for overseeing technical interactions across multi-disciplinary teams and projects
- Driving and influencing people and teams to make things happen, with and without direct reporting lines.
- Technical leadership talent for stimulating creative and problem-solving mindset at all phases of IC and module development and testing.
- Strong on communication and reporting in English. At ease with mentoring BU designers and FAE/sales team, and for technical representation of BU products towards customers.
Willingness to travel regularly to other EM sites, to customer sites, and to contractor sites
Excellent understanding and proven experience is expected in the following areas:
- Design of ultra low-power RF/analog/mixed-signal/digital architectures and circuits in deep-submicron CMOS
- Analysis of wireless product requirements, design of RF systems and blocks along the signal path. Know-how of the BLE standard is a clear plus.
- Familiar with deploying modern development methodologies deployed across multiple design sites and disciplines
- Industrialization, qualification (for production) and certification of wireless ICs and modules.