EM Microelectronic is one of the most innovative semiconductor companies, developing and manufacturing the world\'s leading technology platforms across everything ultra-low power, from low-power wireless to RFID, MCUs, sensor interfaces and energy harvesting.
EM’s innovation and market leadership has been recognized through a number of industry awards, including the prestigious Frost & Sullivan \"New product Innovation\", the RFID Journal Live \"Best product of the year award\", and our BluetoothTM low-energy ICs are found in several products awarded at CES this year.
The Wireless and Sensing Business Unit specializes in development of state-of-the-art low power RF system-on-chips (SOCs). To strengthen our growing team, we are currently looking for an experienced Staff/Sr. Staff level RFIC Design Engineer to work with the wireless team at our headquarters in Marin/Switzerland on exciting new RF SOC products used in consumer, industrial, medical, and automotive applications.
As a Staff/Sr. Staff level RF IC Engineer with proven industrial experience, you will serve as the RFIC design leader within a highly skilled team of analog, digital, and software engineers. You are expected to define and realize the RF architecture and circuits for our future low-power battery and battery-free products.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Define the state-of-the-art RF IP architecture and circuits for our next generation low-power IoT platform from conception and design through test and production
- Design, layout, and test key circuits yourself while coaching other engineers on the team towards a successful product implementation and production launch
- Integrate the RF IP within a larger SOC, package and PCB while mitigating coupling and emissions issues
- Provide RF expertise within a team environment of other designers, test engineers, and a project manager
- Debug complex technical problems related to the radio section of the SoCs (interfaces, digital system, power management unit, packaging, etc).
- Supervise third-party contractors. Benchmark competitive solutions and IPs, study technology and standard trends, contribute to the BU’s wireless roadmap
The following personal skills are expected:
- Strong on communication and reporting in English. At ease with mentoring other teams/groups (FAE, SW, sales) and for interfacing with customers
- Enthusiasm and talent for solving complex problems over a variety of domains around the radio
- Team player sharing tasks and know-how proactively with colleagues, team driver stimulating cooperation among multidisciplinary teams/sites/partners
- Strong autonomy in his field, good communication skills, strong team player
- At least a Master degree in Electrical Engineering with specialization in RFIC design (PhD preferred)
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of CMOS RF SoCs design, including experience in more advanced process nodes such as 22nm, and circuit implementations below 1V
- Proven experience of putting low-power RF transceivers into production
Excellent understanding and experience is expected in the following areas:
- Wireless product requirements, conducting RF system analysis and breakdown along the signal path
- Design of RF/analog/mixed-signal blocks in deep-submicron CMOS: LNA, PA, mixers, PLL, VCO and crystal oscillators, data converters, and filters
- Use of state-of-the-art RF IC design/simulation tools and methodologies, and RF measurement instruments/analyzers
- Industrialization, qualification (for production) and certification of wireless solutions
Additional knowledge / experience would be a great plus:
- Deep understanding of RF coupling mechanism and state of the art isolation method
- Design of RF PCBs, matching networks and antennas, using electromagnetic design tools/simulators
- English C-level is a must (written & oral), fluency in French highly useful
- Ability to communicate with clarity and precision when interacting with internal and external groups