The Product Quality Manager ensures the control of the application of the business management system in the organisation and its continuous improvement with focus on IC and Electronic-Modules Products Development. He/she identifies the weak points, deviations and gives feedback to the Management, including recommendations and coaching for corrective actions.
He/she is responsible of effective and efficient implementation and application of the assigned core tool at company level, in full compliance with automotive industry requirements and evolutions, as well as with customers’ requirements.
- IC & Modules Product development:
- Product Design, development, Test and Qualification reviews with Development Teams
- Process Design, development and validation reviews with Development Teams
- Vendor qualification plans & reviews related to Product BOM and provided services
- Optimized validation and qualification test plans, including reliability tests to minimize effort, costs and risks
- Product certification to external standards: review of test reports
- Customer visits: presentations of APQP deployment in IC & Modules Product Development
- Continuous Improvement in IC & Modules Development flows through active lesson learnt process involvement and support to other processes based on organization needs. Deployments within the organization of the outcome of related Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Internal audits / certification audits: support yearly audit plan execution / certification audit, actions follow up & closure. (Process driven by QMS mgr.)
- Customer Quality support: various demands from customers
- Material Review Board for IC & Modules: risk assessment and disposition plan / results review and approval
- Change management for IC & Modules: risk analysis and qual plan reviews and change approval. This activity covers process changes, design change, BOM change and supplier changes. Ensure PCN issuance by the related division, based on major change guidelines
FMEA Core tools championing:
- Defines and establishes fully compliant application of FMEA tool throughout the organization, by implementation of appropriate procedures and users tools.
- Coordinates FMEA training programs definition. Creates and deploys training material in adequacy with different populations needs, with FMEA coaches’ support.
- Drives core tools improvement programs.
- Responsible of the surveillance of core tools updates by AIAG / VDA. Adapts core tools management in EM according to industry updates and approved customer specific requirements.
- Provides support, guidance and mentoring to the coaches.
- Reports core tools performance to the relevant people, including head of automotive quality.
- Participate to tools review board, where applicable.
- Engineering degree in electronics/micro-electronics or equivalent. Master’s degree an advantage
- At least 5 years professional experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of quality systems, industry standards, tools and their implementation/application
- Good knowledge of product development flows, production flows, use of quality tools, failure analysis and audits.
- Good technical knowledge of products, development, production, testing flows and tools.
- Good knowledge of ISO9001, IATF 16949. VDA6.3 / VDA 6.5 a plus.
- Expert in D/PFMEA methodology and user tools. General other core tools knowledge. Coaching and training skills for different levels of core tools practitioners.
- Organized, structured, analytical and synthetic. Solution and consensus oriented. Able to lead Continuous Improvements projects and teams.
- Able to interact in a multi-cultural environment, adapt and find appropriate communication to satisfy customers’ demands.