EM Microelectronic is an innovative semiconductor company developing and manufacturing the world\'s leading technology platforms across everything ultra-low power, from low-power wireless to RFID, sensor interfaces and energy harvesting. Our embedded software development team requires a DevOps engineer to support the maintenance of development tools and process flow. This person will also act as an IT System Administrator managing Windows and Linux workstations / servers as directed by the IT Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and upkeep of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Gerrit, Jenkins, and Microsoft Azure DevOps (on-premises).
- Work with Agile scrum teams to integrate DevOps capabilities for projects including setup and configuration of DevOps services, creation of build scripts and test frameworks, and configuration and integration of CI/CD flow. This will be in close collaboration with Swiss based HQ team members and IT staff.
- Provide help desk support for end-users, account setup and maintenance.
- Specify and order PC’s, workstations, laptops, peripherals, and supplies as needed.
- Install, configure, deploy and support end-user hardware, peripherals, printers, operating systems, applications, and patches.
- Maintain software licensing, subscriptions, IT inventory, and documentation.
- Implement IT infrastructure and solutions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Support IT Manager with a variety of tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional IT experience maintaining, implementing, and modifying Linux and Windows systems including hardware and software.
- 2+ years of experience participating on a DevOps team.
- Strong knowledge of shell scripting languages such as bash, tcsh, batch files, and power shell.
- Experience with build pipeline configuration using configuration languages like YAML or Groovy.
- Knowledge of configuring and maintaining SW development services such as Git, Gerrit or Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and Windows office tools.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Knowledge of static analysis tools and code metrics collection (code coverage, failing tests, etc).
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure DevOps and Nexus Repository Manager, and test frameworks like Google test or pytest
- Knowledge of build tools such as CMake, Ninja, and Makefiles.
- Familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu.